One Science-Crazed Camp


As I stepped out of the car, I knew that Camp Scientific would be a blast.  Located inside a church, Camp Scientific held many unique and interactive classes.  I partook of their Emergency Medicine Camp, in which we became junior doctors. 
On the first day, we learned about bacteria growing in Agar Petri Dishes.  By the end of the week, the bacteria had grown while feeding on the nutritious Agar.
We also studied bones.  After we viewed and diagnosed x-ray bone breaks, we learned the names of the different types, including: greenstick, transverse, and oblique.
We studied the digestive system and made life-size models.  Later in the week we learned how to read blood pressure and how to preform CPR.  
Since the camp was only a week long, I enjoyed and savored every moment of it.  I was especially keen on the X-rays and reading each other’s blood pressure.  I was glad that I chose this camp because it gave me a great view of what the daily life of an Emergency Medical Physician is like and inspired me to consider it as a future career.

Comments

Popular Posts