Poems 4 School!

Butterfly

High above the trees,

I fly, I float, I flutter,

And flap my painted wings.



Knight

In the arena,

Sword and shield at my side,

I race toward my foe.



Donkey

Trotting on the trail,

My shaggy grey coat is veiled,

By a woman’s cloak.



Ornament

Hanging high with a star,

I twinkle in the glimmering of lights,

Making people’s faces glow,

What am I?



Arabian

The race is just about to begin,

I toss my head and paw the ground,

My gorgeous white coat is flawlessly clean,

The rider prepares to stand in the saddle,

For I am a purebred Arabian race horse,



The shot is fired,

I’m off at high speeds,

My opponents fall behind me,

And I take the lead,

For I am a purebred Arabian race horse,



The jockey on my back urges me on,

I try to maintain my speed,

The Thoroughbred on my left then takes the chance,

She charges through the first lap as I fall to the back,

For I am a purebred Arabian race horse,



The finish line is distantly in sight,

The Thoroughbred slows and we are now neck to neck,

I realize that this is my time to shine,

And I burst past her with renewed energy,

For I am a purebred Arabian race horse,



I nearly jump over the finish line with joy,

“Number 7 wins the cup by 10 yards!”

The Thoroughbred nods her head in submission to me,

 I trot proudly to the middle of the track for the rewards ceremony,

For I am a purebred Arabian race horse.



 By Abby Dortch, 11/30/11

Comments

Popular Posts